Do you know how to create a movement? Want to use your skills to change people’s lives where it really matters? Here’s an opportunity to change how millions of people get access to science backed tools and find support for their mental health and personal growth. It’s free as well. 29k is a non-profit looking for a future team member who’s passionate about communication and marketing and possesses the strategic and creative vision to inspire a diverse, people powered movement to support millions of people to grow and feel better across the globe.
What we believe
At 29k we believe that individuals have the capacity to change the world for the better. If we can help people live more meaningful lives, they will improve the world through their actions. To achieve this ambitious goal, we're developing a platform that combines proven psychology-based exercises with cultivating deep human connection through group support. Democratizing the best tools in the world and making them free.
From our perspective, the world needs mental health and personal development to be as popular as exercise and as politically relevant as physical health. We need to bring people with us and we need to build a movement so irresistible, so diverse and so unstoppable that it can't be ignored.
Who we are
29k is a non-profit foundation founded by the Norrsken Foundation and Ekskäret Foundation, with research partners at Karolinska Institutet, London University, and Harvard University. We have built a free, open-source, co-created platform for personal development, found through the 29k app. Our 3-year goal is to measurably improve the lives of 5 million people, and our long term goal is to reach a threshold where we see systemic change in the world.
For more information about us and what we care about, check out www.29k.org.
About the role.
As Head of Movement Building, you will be responsible for building a public movement for personal development, growth and empowerment. You will have a wide mandate to create and drive the vision and strategy for achieving this goal. You will be part of our Leadership Team and a member of our small, close-knit team of video, communications and digital marketing professionals.
Reporting directly to our CEO, this role will drive forward a new approach to growing our impact and user acquisition by catalysing action and collaborating with other people, groups and organizations. As part of this, you will be accountable for our acquisition and mobilisation strategy and goals, including our campaigning, community empowerment, and related partnerships. This role has an organisation-wide remit to foster network building, convening of others and facilitative leadership within and outside of the organisation.
Who are you?
We’re looking for an experienced and visionary leader who is comfortable with mobilising millions and has demonstrable experience in campaigning and community empowerment through movement building approaches.
You need to be able to create and maintain a vision and a focus within a team of highly skilled and motivated individuals. Given we have many different stakeholders, you are experienced in dealing with strategic complexity and have the ability to adapt communication marketing and integrate multiple perspectives accordingly. As a non-profit foundation, every penny we spend needs to maximise the outcome towards our mission. So, you must be able to drive and direct change across a wide range of initiatives. The skills you have and the qualities you bring are more important to us than the list of who you’ve worked for.
As a person:
- You are passionate about and skilled at building movements and creating engagement campaigns
- You are hands-on as well as strategic and can navigate complexity to make things happen with limited resources.
- You are comfortable working with diverse partners to drive systemic change in society
- You possess an innovative spirit and willingness to use creative thinking
- You are curious and want to develop yourself as a person and the skills that you possess
- You are a values-driven individual that doesn't compromise quality, integrity or user privacy
- You’ll know effective campaigning tactics and how to activate individuals and communities
- You have experience creating and implementing marketing communication strategies and plans
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills to present, influence and represent the organisation
- Experience with youth movement building and/or mental health or psychology messaging is a plus
- It is desirable if you have the network or experience engaging with celebrities, influencers or artists
What do we offer?
💰 Salary — 60 000 SEK per month
👴 Pension — 4.5% - and 30% above 42 000
🌴 Vacation — 35 paid days per year
🧙♂️ Personal growth perks - incl. 5 paid personal development days
🤸♀️ Health benefit
🏥 Private health insurance
👨👦 Parental leave compensations
👨💻 Computer + phone
Don't hesitate to reach out to us at email@example.com if you have any questions.
We will be interviewing candidates on a regular basis, so don't hesitate to apply!
Check out our app in 🍎 AppStore and 🤖 PlayStore.
We are SUPER excited to hear from you 🥳