What we believe
At 29k we believe that individuals have the capacity to change the world for the better. If we can help people live more meaningful lives, they will improve the world through their actions. To achieve this ambitious goal, we're developing an app-based ecosystem that combines proven psychology-based exercises with deep human connection and peer support. We are democratizing the best tools in the world, and making them free and available for anyone with a smartphone.
From our perspective, the world needs mental health and personal development to be as popular and politically relevant as physical health. We need to bring people with us, and we need to build a movement so irresistible, so diverse and so unstoppable that it can't be ignored.
Who we are
29k is a non-profit foundation backed by Norrsken Foundation and Ekskäret Foundation, with research partners at Karolinska Institutet, London University, and Harvard University. We have built a free, open-source, co-created platform for personal development, found through the 29k app. Our long term goal is to reach a threshold where we see systemic change in the world.
About the role
We are really proud of our achievements so far. In fact, the current version of the app has a rating of 4.8/5.0 on the app store (based on 3600+ ratings) and more than 100,000 downloads since its launch in March 2020!
As we enter the next phase in our lifecycle, our current CEO is stepping up to take on the role of Executive Chairman. As a result, we are looking for an entrepreneurial and product-focused leader to take the reins of our 25 person team and ensure that we reach our 3-year goal of measurably improving the lives of 5 million people.
You are the ideal candidate if you:
- Are passionate about personal growth, technology and making the world a better place
- Get excited when presented with important problems, solutions to which are yet to be discovered, and where your own knowledge and expertise are not enough to make best decisions, so the strategy for going forward needs to be based on collective intelligence and a team effort
- Have a strong product background (10+ years). We don’t expect you to have worked as a developer, but to have tech knowledge, either having founded or led product teams for a web-platform or app or acted as CEO/CPO for a tech start-up
- Have experience securing funding either through grants/donations or investments
- Are a strong leader willing to roll up your sleeves and make things happen
- Have experience managing multidisciplinary teams to successfully meet ambitious targets
- Have experience leading several parallel complex projects with multiple stakeholders
The role is based in Stockholm and the salary is SEK 75k + benefits . Since we are a non-profit, there is no equity.
Don't hesitate to reach out to email@example.com if you have any questions.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. The deadline for applications is October 3rd 2021.