We are looking for a full-time senior UI designer, with a strong experience with smartphone apps, to help bring innovative, state-of-the-art, free-of-charge tools for personal growth and human connection to as many people as possible.
What we believe
At 29k, we believe that individuals have the capacity to change the world for the better. If we can help people live more meaningful lives, they will improve the world through their actions.
To achieve this ambitious goal, we believe in combining the best tools psychology has to offer with the best technology, so that many more people can profit from the existing and new research.
Who we are
29k is a non-profit foundation, with research partners at Karolinska, University of London and Harvard. We are building a free and open-source platform for personal development. Our 3-year goal is to improve the lives of 5 million people, and our long term goal is to reach a threshold where we see systemic change in the world.
Our app (check it out in 🍎 AppStore or 🤖 PlayStore), launched at the beginning of 2020, is funded by philanthropists and partnerships, and thus free for the end-users. Since the release, with very limited marketing, more than 100 000 people from 150+ countries have downloaded the app, and gave it an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
In product, we work in a self-organising manner — creating, starting and taking responsibilities for initiatives together. Everyone is welcome and encouraged to take ownership and build a team with the different skills and competences we have in the organisation.
What you'll do
We bring best-practices from offline settings and expert-led internet services, into a co-facilitated, community-driven smartphone experience, with intuitive app user interface.
Examples of everyday tasks in our product team are:
- defining and communicating the general UI design vision, direction and guidelines;
- being an advocate for Visual Design across our organisation;
- working in cross-functional teams, in our case consisting of UX researched, UX designers, psychologists, product owners and developers;
- creating clickable prototypes in Figma for both internal and external testing;
- working on multiple projects/tasks at the same time;
- maintaining and improving our Design System and Component Library.
Who you are
We are looking for a person who isn't afraid to get their hands dirty in a small team, focused on bringing deep and meaningful personal growth to the world. We also practice what we preach, so not only will you contribute to something meaningful for the world, you'll get to personally grow as a member of our team.
We think that you are:
- confident in your work and able to explain your design decisions to stakeholders;
- able to work in a fast-paced agile environment;
- good communicator and able to give and receive feedback.
It is also an advantage if you have experience with:
- creating illustrations or/and icons;
- animating UI (with either Lottie, Figma, Framer or equivalent);
- interactive educational content.
To thrive in our team, we believe that you:
- are curious, transparent, supportive and inspire trust;
- can grasp the big picture, and explain your design in an engaging and pedagogical way;
- embrace collaboration and co-creation;
- can prioritise from an impact stand point;
- just as us, wish to celebrate failures and learn from your mistakes, and have an interest in personal growth.
What we offer
💰 Fixed salary
👴 Pension — 4.5% + 30% above ~40 000 SEK
🌴 Vacation — 35 paid days per year
🧙♂️ Generous personal growth perks and budget
🤸♀️ Health benefit (friskvård)
🏥 Private health insurance
👨👦 Parental leave compensations
👨💻 Computer + phone + office at the vibrant Norrsken House
Don't hesitate to reach out to us if you have any questions!
We are SUPER excited to hear from you 🥳