We are looking for 1 to 2 full-time interns to help us in our day-to-day administration, in order to bring state-of-the-art, free-of-charge tools for personal growth and human connection to as many people as possible.
What we believe
At 29k we believe that individuals have the capacity to change the world for the better. If we can help people live more meaningful lives, they will improve the world through their actions.
To achieve this ambitious goal, we're developing a platform that combines proven psychology-based exercises with cultivating deep human connection through group support. Democratizing the best tools in the world and making them free.
Who we are
29k is a non-profit foundation, founded by the Norrsken Foundation and Ekskäret Foundation, with research partners at Karolinska, University of London and Harvard. We are building a free and open-source platform for personal development. Our 3-year goal is to improve the lives of 5 million people, and our long term goal is to reach a threshold where we see systemic change in the world.
Our app (check it out in 🍎 AppStore or 🤖 PlayStore), launched at the beginning of 2020, is funded by philanthropists and partnerships, and thus free for the end-users. Since the release, with very limited marketing, more than 80 000 people from 150+ countries have downloaded the app and given it an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
In our team, we work in a self-organising manner — creating, starting and taking responsibilities for initiatives together. Everyone is welcome and encouraged to take ownership and build a team with the different skills and competencies we have in the organisation.
For more information about us and what we care about, check out www.29k.org.
What you'll do
Examples of everyday tasks are:
- Sound file improvements
- Upload content into the content management system (CMS)
- Ongoing CMS changes and content revisions
- Language and flow testing in staging
- Admin connected to our users:
- Recruit and book users to our in app video sharings
- Answer hello/help email
- Answer feedback from users
- Book users and take notes during user-testings
- Translate content in our CMS
- Transcription of audio/video files
- Adding subtitles
Who you are
We are looking for interns who are not afraid to get their hands dirty in a small highly-skilled team, focused on bringing deep and meaningful personal growth to the world.
We also practice what we preach, so not only will you contribute to something meaningful for the world, you'll get to personally grow as a member of our team.
We think that you:
- Are a student at university, either studying psychology or tech with somekind of connection to psychology/health.
- Have an interest in personal growth and eager to learn more.
- Basic knowledge of tech.
It is an advantage if you:
- Have a paid CSN from the government since we are a non-profit organization we don’t offer paid internships at this stage.
- Have included internship in your education to be able to start with us full-time in January
To thrive in our team, we believe that you:
- Are curious, transparent, supportive and inspire trust
- Embrace collaboration and co-creation
- Can prioritize from an impact stand point
- Like the rest of the team, you are eager to celebrate failures and learn from your mistakes, and have an interest in personal growth.
- Are fluent in English. An excellent grasp of Swedish is a plus.
- Are based in Stockholm, Sweden
What we offer
🧙♂️ Personal growth perks - 29k actively supports your personal development continuously
👷 Experience for upcoming career and network
🏢 Office next to humlegården, close to the city with strong connections to the vibrant Norrsken House
Don't hesitate to reach out to us at email@example.com if you have any questions!
The preferred start-date for this Internship is preferably in the middle of January 2022.
We are interviewing candidates on an ongoing basis so don't hesitate to apply.
We are SUPER excited to hear from you 🥳